ihc4U Home Page
How to Modify Read Receipts in Messages App
Read receipts in the Messages app is a feature that lets senders know if recipients have read their messages. Yet some users may dislike this function as they don’t want recipients know if the message is read or not. So this post is going to share a trick that help you disable read receipts for specific conversations on iOS and macOS devices.
Here are simple steps to enable/disable Messages Read Receipts on Mac:
- Open up Messages app, and choose Messages > Preferences from the top menu bar.
- In the Preferences window, click on the Account tab, then select your account from the left pane, and locate the option labeled Send Read Receipts on lower right corner.
- To turn on Read Receipts feature globally, check the box and the change takes effect immediately. To turn off Read Receipts feature globally, just uncheck the box.
If your device is running on iOS 10 (and later) or macOS Sierra, you can follow the steps below to set up read receipts for individual conventions with different users.
Here’s how to turn on/off read receipts for a specific conversation on Mac:
- Open the Messages app, start or find a conversation with the contact for which you want to enable/disable read receipts, and click on Details on the upper right corner.
- In the pop-up menu, check/uncheck the option labeled Send Read Receipts.
To enable/disable Read Receipts for individual conversations on iOS devices, the process is similar: open or create a conversation, tap the encircled ‘i’ at the top-right of the screen to display the Details menu, and toggle on/off the option labeled Send Read Receipts from there. After the modification, click Done to save the change.
Have you learned the trick now? Don’t hesitate to leave your comment right here!