Have no clue how to fully delete AVG Antivirus for Mac? Tried the standard way to uninstall AVG Antivirus yet ended up with failure? Even experienced users could be troubled by the uninstallation of antivirus/security software. If you are looking for an effective solution to remove AVG products, this post could be helpful for you.
What should you know about uninstalling AVG Antivirus?
AVG AntiVirus for Mac is a free solution to protect Mac computer against virus, spyware and other kinds of cyber threats. Yet, many users complain that this app slows down their Macs and that it is almost impossible to stop it from automatic launch. In our test, once AVG AntiVirus launches, its process cannot be killed in the background even through the Activity Monitor. And when trying to uninstall this app by the drag-and-drop method, users will be prompted that “The item cannot be moved to the Trash because it’s open”. So how can we remove AVG AntiVirus properly?
How to perform proper uninstallation of AVG Antivirus?
It is often neglected that that kind of antivirus software usually comes with a dedicated uninstall tool that can be used to effectively remove the app itself. Since the conventional uninstall option does not work so well in removing AVG Antivirus, you can carry out the uninstallation by using the dedicated uninstall tool as shown below.
- 1.Click to open up AVG Antivirus from the /Applications folder or Launchpad.
- 2.Head to the AVG Antivirus menu bar, and then choose Uninstall AVG Antivirus.
- 3.Click Continue button in the AVG Antivirus Uninstaller window that appears.
- 4.After the uninstallation process completes, click Restart button to reboot your Mac.
Now AVG Antivirus has been uninstalled from your system, yet some of its components may still remain and hide deep in your system directories. If you want to totally sweep out every trace of AVG Antivirus, please follow the instructions below.
- 5.Open the Finder, click Go in the Menu bar, and select the entry Go to Folder.
- 6.Type the path /Library in Go to the Folder box, and hit Enter key to open it up.
- 7.Type AVG Antivirus in Search Bar, and click on Library in the Search: bar.
- 8.Identify the matched items in search results, and move them to the Trash.
- 9.Again, search for and delete pertaining file and folders in ~Library folder.
Be cautious when deleting the items with the name of AVG Antivirus. Inexperienced users may have difficulty in finding out ambiguous components of target app, and an automated uninstaller could be a better choice. Anyhow, now you can head to the Finder menu bar and choose Empty Trash, to permanently get rid of AVG traces.
Is there a more convenient way to uninstall AVG Antivirus?
Wondering if you could spare some trouble in deleting AVG Antivirus? Have you ever thought of utilizing a reputable, efficient uninstall tool in any app removal task? Here we tested Osx Uninstaller to see if this app worked well as it claimed. When using it to uninstall AVG Antivirus, there are only a simple clicks we need to take.
- Step 1. Launch Osx Uninstaller, select AVG AntiVirus and click Run Analysis.
- Step 2. Click Complete Uninstall, and then click Yes in the confirmation dialog.
- Step 3. Click Back to Interface, and then Refresh to re-scan the Mac.
Take 3 simple steps and you will not have AVG Antivirus installed on your Mac. No trace left and no extra work needed to do. Osx Uninstaller gets good mark in this task. There are a lot of tools designed for Mac to quickly remove unwanted apps, and you can choose a reliable one to save unnecessary trouble and guarantee a clean uninstall.
Feel free to leave your suggestion about this tutorial, or raise any questions right here.